Friday, July 5, 2019

Rock Music


Rock music has always been my favorite genre! Whether it be heavy metal, punk, alternative, or grunge, I have always loved the intensity of rock music. I'm a lyricist and I prefer songs with deep meanings and make you feel something. In my opinion, rock music is a great outlet for anger and pain. The perfect genre for expressing intense emotions. I've also noticed that rock music is incredibly masculine. Bold, loud, and unapologetic. I often associate rock music with primal feelings. Heavy metal, especially, has a strong pulsing rhythm that reminds me of sex. Heavy metal is great for when I'm feeling horny. Rock music historically has homoerotic tendencies. Gay leather bars were heavily influenced by rock music and metal culture. Aesthetically, rock gods and icons have had strong harsh masculine features. We as Androphiles and Homosexuals gravitate to extreme masculinity, like the music exudes. Rock music and gay men have the similar association of having a dark side that was secret from the rest of the world. Rock music has helped me through some very tough times in my life. I've always felt it is the thinking man's music.



























No comments:

Post a Comment